Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Once upon a time....

While I consider myself very content with my life now, sometimes I remember how simple things used to be and I get nostalgic. I remember climbing my tree with a book, the cool breeze gently rustling the leaves. When the weather was too bad, I would hide under my bed. There was just enough space to get completely lost in my own wonderland. Nothing could touch me there and I felt safe. I remember playing make-believe with my friends. As far as we were concerned, we were fairies thrust into the mortal world from our utopia with the power to make a difference in our new home. Sworn to secrecy, we would tell each other our hopes and dreams. A fight with friends meant one recess solo before all was forgiven. My parents were perfect, and would always be there for me. Money was just something that happened to people that were good, and there would always be enough. Bad people were bad people, and it was easy to pick them out of a crowd. Homework consisted of coloring pictures and reading a book of my choice. I was pretty positive disney movies were based on true stories. I know I can never go back, but sometimes I wish I could escape for just a little while. Sometimes when I'm really stressed, nothing sounds better to me than hiding under the bed or climbing a tree with a book. I know I'm not the most mature person, but some things can't be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment