Monday, January 11, 2010

Life is Good

There is no feeling to compare with that of which you get when you realize that everything you have worked for is falling into place. Every little step becomes clear, and you finally feel that cool sense of relief. You realize that all the worrying has been in vain. Your problems don't quite go away, but they shrivel in insignificance. It's like when you watch a movie that you've never seen before and you can't help but feel that slight tug of anxiety as the movie nears the climax. Sure, it's generally predictable enough, but you can't help but to doubt the character's capabilities. What if they can't make it? What if they get lost? What if they aren't saved? However, the movie comes to a close and your doubts are resolved with a happy ending. While my life is not a movie
(there's no fairy godmother to bail me out and bring me really cute shoes), I've been doing something right. That is enough to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment