Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Begining of an Addiction

The more you hear about my life, the more you realize why I have become hopelessly addicted to books. After a day of face-planting in a check-out line in walmart, getting chased around by a 5-year-old at work, and exploding my dinner, it's no wonder that reading sounds so good. The letters on the page stay put and remain unchanged, no matter where I am when I read them. It doesn't matter if I am stranded at a train station or spacing out in class, my book continues its story regardless of what is actually happening. It was always a bit of a problem though. After I had learned to read, I was notorious for disappearing when asked to do my chores. After searching everywhere, my parents would find me reading whatever I could get my hands on. They soon realized that the only way they could properly put me on time-out after such an episode, would be to confinscate the book. Not much has changed since then, whenever I get a moment in my crazy days I will probably have a book in my hands.

1 comment: